The emergence of something new is afoot. Can you feel it?
This deep knowing that all is good, or on it’s way, is the heartbeat of my life these days.
I’m guessing you’re a highly creative and aware person. Have you felt the inner rumbling of something’s coming?
Life often interrupts the matrix. It swaps out your palette and mixes the paint.
What if you are especially wired to bring things to life with a bit more artistry? What if your less than linear approach is just the thing for a moment such as this. Perhaps you are a Life Artist, someone who paints the canvas of Life in their own inimitable way. What an adventure!
I first heard the phrase Life Artist from one of my creative soul family, Julie Jordan Scott. It was a thunderbolt moment of instant recognition. Something that often happens in Julie’s presence!
In the past nine weeks I’ve been experiencing the ebb and flow, the come and go, of a recent BIG Shift in my family. The Life Artist adventure creates a perfect framework for how to play during these difficult times.
In the midst of big changes and deep rifts,
how can you STILL paint your canvas?
I decided to paint my canvas with a writing circle. Writing in sacred community unleashes honest and holy writing. I’ve written with some of these gals for 10+ years. Our gathering gives rise to unfathomable depth, exquisite intimacy, and delicious creative flow. Ultimately, it delivers the most vital nutrient … LOVE, the force that powers all creation. The writing circle is starting to work it’s magic. I’m writing again.
I’ve been musing on the things that have helped me create clarity and certainty on this Life Artist adventure, especially during rocky times. Here are the 3 pathways sure to awaken what’s meaningful and true:
1. Self Awareness Practice. Regularly engage in play, process or practice that has you look within and curiously question and explore. It can be energy shifts or journaling, photography or meditation. This is an opportunity to witness the come and go, notice the recurring themes and sharpen your discernment. It will bring to light the WHO and WHY, the WHAT and HOW of your creative expression.
2. Sacred Playground. A community with an aligned intention is rocket fuel for your ability to take the big leaps often required to bring your creative gifts to life. It is the most precious oasis for you to share, test and tweak your creative gifts. One of my favorites is a weekly writing circle. Regular writing in sacred community elicits connection, curiosity and co-leadership. It will do more for you than flailing about on your own. Whether you’re an author or coach, a fine artist or energy worker you have to test your creations in the cauldron of real life. A sacred playground will help you do this more easily by creating clarity and certainty in you and your work.
3. A Life Artist Business. Whether you’re an author or artist, coach or mentor, healer or helper, being the source of your own abundance will do more to create the Life you want than anything else. You aren’t free to express and explore fully if you’re tethered to work that doesn’t aliven your being. The muses of innovation do not live in uninspired places.
Engage these 3 adventures deeply and you’ll awaken the inner artistry to create a bountiful, beautiful Life.
Join my BIG Shifts community below and you’ll be invited to 4 special gatherings – starting May 6th – to engage and explore your creative essence and how it wants to show up in the world.[optin_box style=”12″ alignment=”center” email_field=”email” email_default=”Enter your email address” email_order=”2″ integration_type=”aweber” double_optin=”Y” list=”3004867″ name_field=”name” name_default=”Enter your first name” name_order=”1″ name_required=”Y”][optin_box_field name=”headline”]The ABC’s of the Life Artist Adventure[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+Sm9pbiB1cyBmb3IgYSBmcmVlIHdlYmluYXIgd2hlcmUgeW91J2xsIGxlYXJuIHRoZSAzLWZvbGQgcGF0aCB0byBhd2FrZW5pbmcgeW91ciBsaWZlIGFydGlzdCB3aXRoaW4uIFJlZ2lzdGVyIGJlbG93Li4uPC9wPgo=[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Yes! Reserve my Seat[/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]
That’s exactly what happened to me in the Spring of 2006. I had just finished a phenomenal advanced coach training with The Evolutionary Institute and was intent on becoming one of their trainers. The next step was a trip to Australia to continue my training. The only problem was, I didn’t have the money.
I got back home and the euphoria and excitement of my new found purpose was blasted to smithereens by the ‘funkadoos,’ a term that describes what happens once you get back into your ‘home environment.’ I’d experienced this post-conference doggie downer before, but this time it was massive.
I don’t remember who called who, but I started connecting with one of my fellow adventurers, Simone Peer. We chatted every day, zhoozing up the way for us to both amp up our energies and make the trip. We made that trip and the next training in England. That’s how our Power Pal sessions got started.
When my home fire occurred in February guess who I called to help me navigate the BIG transition? My Power Pal, Simone!
You might have heard of accountability partners but Power Pals are SO much more. A Power Pal helps facilitate your evolutionary expression. We’re talking high octane power, purpose and passion to bring your extraordinary life into BEing!
Power Pals are a key to creating massive movement in your world. Power Pals play at the energetic level: BIG energy, BIG movement.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences around Power Pals, please share below.
Are you experiencing whiplash from the rate of change and yearning to find your own oasis of peace and presence?
BIG Shifts invariably take you down the road less traveled. The adventure of constant change can often prove far more stressful than you bargained for.
What if you could access a peaceful pool of presence in your everyday moments? What if access to infinite inspiration were within a moment’s reach?
The greatest gift you bestow upon life is to fully and unabashedly own the light and truth of your own being. This doesn’t mean you are perfect. Quite the contrary, this sense of you is the fullness of your being. It is a pulsating rhythm, a heartbeat, that lives in this moment. It moves through you and is not ‘you,’ at least not the personal perspective of you.
The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers. Thich Nhat Hanh
Presence isn’t something you learn. It’s a discovery, an authentic expression of your true being. It is a nowhere to go, and nothing to do kind of experience. Your power, your presence is already here, perhaps momentarily forgotten. It is merely a remembrance, a ‘welcome home.’
Here are three ways to remember:
1. Turn off the auto pilot. Take your routine, every day activities and turn them into opportunities for presencing. It could be doing the dishes or driving the car, feel every action as if it were the first time you were doing it. Focus on the feel of every movement until you are in a state of heightened awareness.
2. Tune into the ‘feel’ of your presence. Get intimately familiar with who you are being. Feel the primal energy of you lining up, amping up, propelling your being into a powerful, vibrant, kinesthetic symphony of beyond the edge sensing and infinite knowing.
3. Open to Divine Downloads. Shift from horizontal to vertical awareness. Your mind works in the dimensions of the past and the future, a horizontal orientation. To be present and totally aware is to be in a state of spaciousness, dropping your intellect. This doesn’t mean you drop into a deep slumber, it is simply a move into a depth of understanding and perspective. When you move vertically that is a movement of consciousness, which is awareness.
Something so simple and so profound gifted to yourself, and thereby, to all changes everything. As you allow the truth of this moment to touch you, it ripples through everyone and everything that you touch. Today, honor the sacred presence of your being and so gift it to one another