A while back I shared 5 Ways a Power Pal Can Help Create Massive Movement. Power pals have been one of my most powerful tools in creating a supportive environment for transformation and BIG Shifts. So, how do you find your own power pal and how do you get started?
1. Reach outside your inner circle. Try to partner with someone who is not a close friend, relative, roommate, or partner. You’ll see deeper benefits from your power pal relationship if it is free from attachments. Ideally, the foundation for this partnership should be that you both want to focus on your evolution. You’ll find that your power pal will evolve into a close friend naturally, which is an added bonus. But don’t assume your best friend is the ideal power pal. So, think of three or four people you know, but who aren’t necessarily in your inner circle yet. You could ask a classmate, a former colleague, or even the friend of a friend to be your power pal.
2. Set a schedule. Depending on your intention and the time frame you want to work with, determine the frequency of your calls. Identify what date and time you will connect. Decide who is responsible for initiating the call. Set ground rules about confidentiality, topics you’ll cover, and acceptable reasons to miss a call. Also, share what you both want to gain from the partnership and how you can support one another. You do not want this to devolve into a bitching session, and you don’t want this to be ‘nice.’ You want it to be True.
3. Keep your word. The power pal system only works if you work it. So, don’t take this on if you’re not willing to commit. You’ll only get out of the relationship what you put in. And though it may feel like work, once you and your power pal are up and running, you’ll experience the incredible power for yourself.
The Power Pal agreement is what creates the breeding ground of possibility. Whatever you’re feeling personally you show up for the party. You both say, “Yes!” to the next and are willing to feel, sense and know and partner on the possibilities.
Here’s my ACER Framework to navigate your power pal relationship:
And … there is no “right way” to do this, just find a flow that works for both of you. It may take a bit of work to find your perfect Power Pal but it’s worth it. You’ll find your confidence, focus and power grow and you’ll develop great trust that it all turns out. It is incredibly simple and yet magical.
Celebration is the most common denominator that we have. It crosses the boundaries of time and place, race and religion, education and economics.
Celebration naturally elicits enthusiasm and excitement. It inspires, enlightens and motivates us to find greater understanding, wisdom and solutions to the problems we face. Celebration frees your creative Essence and provides the fuel and resources to move beyond your problems and find the answers you seek.
Why celebrate? Because you can — and it is good for you. Celebration…
So how do you know that you have tapped into the power of celebration? You feel it on the inside. Celebration is something you experience; it is emotional and heart-felt.
I celebrate myself, and sing myself.
In celebration you create lasting memories, the very essence of experience itself – that which is remembered. In doing so you unleash the potential of people, acknowledge the humanity of your experience and allow the true purpose and passion in your world to emerge. Through celebration you enliven and enrich your experience.
How can you bring the power of celebration into your world? Celebrate the special moments in your life, and the ordinary ones, too. Pause throughout your day and acknowledge the the gift of being here and now to infuse your every day moments with joy.
Dare to break free from the traditional way of doing things and discover your own way to celebrate! As you celebrate more , you inspire others to see more, and provide the spark that allows them to light the world around them.
The spirit of celebration touches and inspires you to rise above the mundane and enjoy the greater presence of love that connects us all.
What do you celebrate today? Please post below and share the joy of celebration!
Every designer knows and values the power of white space. White space is the empty space between and around the elements on a page. It’s the space with nothing in it. Although white space is made of nothing, it isn’t meaningless. White space increases focus, brings more clarity and helps the important ideas on the page stand out.
White space works the same way in your world too. White space creates a context to experience the movement and meaning of your experiences. BIG Shifts, especially, are an intense training ground in which you are invited to let go of the noise and static in your world and bring in the white space.
White space is the space between your loads and your limits. It is one of the secret ingredients to go from struggling to succeeding.
So, if your BIG Shift has you feeling depleted, stressed, frustrated, and pulled in every direction, it’s probably time to add in lots more white space. You’ll know you’re ready for it if you’re experiencing:
How much white space do you need? It varies. Sometimes you need more white space in your life than you require at other times. Thresholds aren’t easily measured. But becoming aware that you need white space can help you find your own bandwidth.
Ready to add white space to your adventure? Try out my ACE formula:
Announce. Let people know. Once you tell your clients and colleagues, family and friends, it is now a commitment. By letting others know about your revised schedule and availability, you are actually helping them support you on your white space intention.
Calendar. Put it in your schedule, electronic or paper. If it’s in the schedule, it’s in. It’s easy to let the hours blend together, but when you have specific time set aside for being in the ‘nowhere to go, nothing to do’ space it’s bound to occur. Even better? Treat it ALL like white space and determine the times throughout the week when you ARE available, for the other stuff.
Enforce. You’ve got to stick to it. No flimsy boundaries here. One of the best ways to ‘enforce’ it is to change environments so that you are unavailable. When you take time off, disconnect. It’s in the full commitment to the white space that the magic occurs.
Here are some ways you can incorporate more white space into your day to day adventure:
1. Lighten your load. Streamline down to the bare essentials. Give your attention to what is absolutely necessary. Pare back your schedule, take more time off. Make sure that you take a “day of rest.” Plan something that rejuvenates and nourishes you – a massage, bubble bath, relaxing music, or losing yourself in a good book.
2. Take white space breaks. Slow down and reconnect to yourself. Start and end your day with five minutes of pure white space. Between appointments, instead of a quick email check, take 2-5 minutes for white space. Use the time spent drying your hair or preparing a meal, and bring a white space intention to it. Connect with your body, your breath, or a part of nature. Try Calm, a free application that provides a meditative moment. It’s also available on your IPhone. This will help you click into a white space frame of mind.
3. Create white space in your home. Use colors that invite ease and openness. Declutter your space, clear up countertops and surfaces, even walls and furniture. Creating a “white space” in your home can help make your home more relaxing, more comfortable and more yours.
4. Cut down on the noise. It might be the noise in your inbox, or from well meaning relatives and friends or even shutting off the radio while your driving and playing some soothing tunes. Feel into the places where there’s static and bring in some space.
Creating consistent white space is, at first, a practice. Eventually, it becomes your way of being. If you give yourself permission to relax you will find that you can create a lot out of nothing. White space anyone? Let me know how you create white space in your world in the comments below.