If you're the self sufficient, self starter, get it done type this might prove to be a particularly challenging task. Not only do BIG Shifts require support, you also need to start asking for what you want and need.
Sometimes a BIG Shift can displace you for weeks, even months, and you may need ongoing support for a lot longer than you feel comfortable.
Depending on the nature of your BIG Shift you may need to ask for…
How can you open to asking, and more importantly, to receiving? Here are 4 tips that can help you flex that muscle:
1. Acknowledge that you are worthy of love, care and support. This is at the core of the asking/receiving issue. In the same way that you readily offer a helping hand to those in need, you can just as readily open to receive. You are a beloved child of the universe, no less than the stars and the sun. You deserve care and support. Being willing to ask, and receive, will do more to ‘get this' than anything else.
2. Question the disempowering inner dialogue. Notice the thoughts and beliefs that pop up when you think about asking for help: “I need to handle this myself.” “I don't want to owe anyone anything.” “I'm a big girl, I can handle it!” The thoughts may come rushing in a jumble. Slow down and jot them down on a piece of paper. Notice where they're coming from. Is it from a past experience, parental programming or your heart? The source of the chatter will clue you in to the truth of it.
3. Get over the ‘mine' and ‘yours' paradigm. From the time you're very young you're trained to separate between what belongs to you and what doesn't belong to you. But consider this for a moment… if you go way back in time no one owned anything! Life abundantly provided resources, or you relocated to where the resources were. Ownership, though it's universally accepted, is totally a man made construct.
4. Relax into the feeling of receiving. Tune into the feeling of openness that is essential in order to truly receive. Allow the opening to be available to receive. Relish it. Enjoy it. Bask in it. Notice how awesome it feels to receive!
The universe is an abundant playground. Opening to receive connects you to the abundant cycle of giving and receiving. Chances are you've done PLENTY of giving. What if the universe orchestrated this BIG Shift just so you'd expand your capacity to receive? It's sure to increase your bandwidth for giving.
Whatever you need, and want, during this BIG Shift is yours. Just ASK for it and open the floodgates to receiving!
Sooner or later everyone experiences a BIG Shift. Whether it's a major life change or an unexpected crisis, you're sure to be presented with an opportunity to take a quantum leap in your world.
Though a BIG Shift can initially feel like a destructive force in your life – tearing down in a flash things that have taken you energy and effort to create – you can choose to use it as a growth opportunity.
Here are 3 ways you can ease into a BIG Shift:
1. Ask for support. It's great to be a giver, but if you have trouble asking for help, you create an energetic imbalance. Life is an ongoing exchange. Sometimes you're the giver. Sometimes you're the receiver. BIG Shifts are a tremendous opportunity to receive. Plus, receiving gifts the giver. Think of how wonderful it feels when you give. Do you really want to deprive those who care for you the blessing of being there for you? I think not!
2. Design a high vibing environment. Your environment can either help or hinder your BIG Shift. Make sure that your living space nurtures you and that the people in your every day world are high vibing. Eliminate energy drains, whether it's clutter in your environment or people that siphon your life force. BIG Shifts are dynamic environments of massive growth. Just like plants need sun, water and soil to grow so do you need life giving energy sources to power up your transformation.
3. Allow yourself time to process. Big shifts have their own rhythm. This is profound stuff.It takes whatever time it takes. Sit in silence. Engage in a practice that opens your flow and your access to white space. This is a time for clearing out the inner clutter and embracing a less is more approach. Tune in to your new sense of timing. Things may take longer and your own rhythm may change. Honor the process and your own way of moving through it.
Some of these recommendations may be a stretch for you, but I guarantee that if you are willing to engage just ONE of these your massive change will start to flow. Ease into your BIG Shift.