[feature_box_creator style=”1″ width=”” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=”” top_padding=”” right_padding=”” bottom_padding=”” left_padding=”” alignment=”center” bg_color=”” bg_color_end=”” border_color=”” border_weight=”” border_radius=”” border_style=”” ]
You care for your home.
You care for your clothing.
You care for your car.
You care for your children.
You care for your work.
You care for your investments.
If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live?
Luckily it's not really hard to tap into the essentials. Here are the 5 primary elements that will power up the energy for your BIG Shifts, in order of importance:
1. Breath is one of the most profound and direct ways you have of changing or fine-tuning your chemical and biological state. Each breath contains life-force (energy, ki. chi, prana, etc.) and it can be increased through your awareness. Breath not only connects you to your center, it connects you to ‘All That Is'. Take in liberal doses!
2. Water was your initial environment before birth. Three quarters of your body is made from it and your digestion and metabolism depend on it. Evolution has shifted the ocean outside of you to within your tissues — salt water is the internal medium in which materials are transported around the body. Your brain is over 70% water, your blood 60% and your bones 30%. It is required for assimilation of nutrients and elimination of waste. Water also conducts electricity, a form of energy. Your available energy is enhanced when you are hydrated. Drink up!
3. Food. The quality of your food impacts the quality of your energy. Eat fresh, organic, locally grown food. Too much refined and processed food robs the body of vital nutrients and increases your intake of fat, sugar, chemicals and additives. Eat more vegetables and less animal products. Eating fresh fruit and raw salads each day increases your fiber and reduces your salt intake, helps to optimize absorption of protein and ensures a rich supply of cancer-busting phytochemicals — substances only found in plant foods. This will awaken your body's intelligence. Eat intuitively!
4. Movement. Exercise increases oxygen in your blood, boosts metabolism and pumps up circulation. You've got a body, it thrives on movement. If you don't care for traditional workouts find movement that you enjoy: walking, dancing, yoga, zumba. There are an infinite number of ways that you can BE in your body. Find the movement that fires you up and engage in it regularly. One of my favorites is dancing between calls. Move it!
5. Rest. The quality of your rest – whether it's sleep, meditation or mindfulness – directly impacts your ability to restore. Your body requires deep, sound, uninterrupted sleep to be at its energetic best. Establish a routine for bedtime: take a warm bath, drink chamomile tea, meditate, etc. Be conscious of things that may contribute to unrest such as violent films, books or electronic devices. Design your sleep space to induce a relaxed, peaceful state: use a water fountain, an alarm clock with sounds of nature or gentle chimes, delicious comforters, scents that are calming.
Tweaking the physical factors that influence your energy will expand your bandwidth of energetic availability and your ability to navigate the big shifts. Fine tune yours today!